Love of mine some day you will die But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you into the dark
Profile
the Conceited Republican

Shai, 031789
Yes, inspirations...
K-Pop
University of London
(London School of Economics)

Maintain a status quo.
Never allow public opinion judge you.


Links
Affiliates

ANGLICAN TAEKWONDO.
Facebook.
Tumblr

Joan
Nicholas
Edmund

Archives
Way long before



so we meet again
20090605 @ Friday, June 05, 2009

I did not come back a kampong girl.

I've never felt this homesick before in my entire life. Truth be told, I have always relish holidays away from my family cuz I know myself that I would not miss them as much.
But this trip left me craving for my family. Funny how I cried cuz I wanted to return home so much.

The trip was hereby fulfilling and extremely tiring. It's my first time doing a jungle solo nightwalk, drastic jungle trekking and crossing the freezing rivers of the Malaysian waters.

Each night we have an average sleep of only 4hrs with so much activity in the day.
The 3rd/4th day was the climax of the trip. We set off at 9am or so, jungle trekked till 8pm. We returned to our camps for dinner and prayers before setting off again at 12am. Nightwalk and jungle trekked in the middle of the night in the thick forest till 6.30am.

The serenity of the forest and rivers at night was deafening. Now I could finally realise the appreciation for nature.

No sleep for more than 24hrs.
Freaking tired and pregnant with so much knowledge.

It took me some time to adjust myself into the environment cuz as an urban girl, I just had too many urban luxuries in me. haha

Despite my inability to speak in Malay, my understanding to my own mother tongue isn't as bad as you may seem. The trip was of course conducted in Malay, obvi. My mates were all malay-speaking people so I could only converse with them in English. Which kinda placed me in a different status cuz as you would have imagined, it's weird how a malay speak her own mother tongue in such a funny manner with an English accent.

Praying by the river side, and getting dirty in the mud left me speechless. Things that I have never thought of actually happened left me quiet for the most time of the trip. Dumbfounded.

The departure was so sad and well everyone cried. lol
even me lol lol lol

All in all, I can say the trip was fun-crazy. Pok Nik made it sound so truly amazing on how to be a good person, faithful to GOD, our parents and being a good Muslim. The part where we sat in the cool waters in the jungle at dawn and listening to him speak about being a true person in life was awesome!

Abi, Pok Nik's younger brother, was also great when he did his stint to make us realise our sacrifications that we have to make in life. There are some things no matter how much you love it, you still have to give it up due to reasons which may arise.

The realisation really woke my inner soul to think about the bigger things in life than just be a self-centered person myself.
Truly a purifying and cathartic experience.

Fantastic!