|
Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind I'll follow you into the dark |
|
|
Profile
the Conceited RepublicanShai, 031789 Yes, inspirations... K-Pop University of London (London School of Economics) Maintain a status quo. Never allow public opinion judge you.
Links
AffiliatesANGLICAN TAEKWONDO. Facebook. Tumblr Joan Nicholas Edmund Archives
Way long before |
angst 20091007 @ Wednesday, October 07, 2009Having just read the news online on Yahoo Singapore made me terribly upset and infuriated. Headlines which read "Chief Justice ups sentence of 28—year—old who abused toddler". I think it is excessively ridiculous to even allow the accused of appealling, given the inhumane actions he took upon the toddler who died at his brutality. Even so, appeals should have resulted in heavier sentences. Weightage of much greater than what has been sentenced. 12 years and 12 strokes of the cane. Hmmm to some may be a heavy one. I personally don't think likewise. Ask anyone who is in his right mind, he would definitely agree. Also, if this were to happen in the States, it's highly probable that the fellow would face life imprisonment. Much better, without parole. No personal emotions, however I would hope to see better justice done for the 3 year old. In light of a pretty much similar example of Nonoi's case. That particular accused, whom has been sentenced to the gallows was given the proper sentence. In retrospect, why wasn't the guy given life imprisonment? Funny how news reports can be articled with so much of a punch in our stomachs, igniting the fury and erupting the rage inside us. BUT, only to leave us with short unjustiafiable conclusions. Unconvinced, I find myself frowning and breathing out curses and swearings. |