|
Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind I'll follow you into the dark |
|
|
Profile
the Conceited RepublicanShai, 031789 Yes, inspirations... K-Pop University of London (London School of Economics) Maintain a status quo. Never allow public opinion judge you.
Links
AffiliatesANGLICAN TAEKWONDO. Facebook. Tumblr Joan Nicholas Edmund Archives
Way long before |
back with a vengeance 20091008 @ Thursday, October 08, 2009Okay so have you read the news recently? yahoo news at least? Yeah. These past few days, the headlines have been flushed with news. Annoying news. First there was the fellow who stole the millions worth of branded watches. Next, there was the earthquake disaster, then there was Ris Low's credit card fraud issue. Subsequently it was one which I featured in my previous entry. Now the head for Ren Ci. This particular one is kinda "old" news really it has been in the papers like since early this year. I know about that. duh. Funny how our locals are so caught up in the "$" problem here. Fraud and cheats everywhere. Remember the one incident whom this unsound man tried to rob the bank at City Plaza down Haig Road? lol another one of those kaching kaching issues. I'm just a plain simple 20 yr old. Who sometimes go for branded, okay fine I only go for branded items. I don't have much cashflow but I have the integrity not to steal/rob/cheat. Really, it puzzles me. Are we singaporeans really having such a hard time in this society? This competitive society. One in which we singaporeans ourselves feel foreign in? Are we really starving for more cash? Discussions on "overseas foreign talent" have been much frequent in campus. At least for my friends and I. However I dare say it is just the same throughout. Whenever we happen to pass someone who has a thick Chinese accent, instinctively we would divert our eyes to each other as if signalling "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" and laughter proceeds. Or even say someone comes up to us with a strong smell emitting from the underarmpits, as soon as the person walks away, unpleasant comments would fill in. Once, when this guy came up to us asking for directions, clearly his chinese pronunciation was way off different from us singaporeans, immediately our brains registered --- our northern neighbour, coming here to steal our ricebowls. I reckon everyone has the same thoughts. Uni students are most fearful. They're everywhere. In the train. In the lecture seat next to us. In the bus. We're the minority. We're the foreigners in our homeland. Now i totally understand my friends whose parents choose to send them to school overseas and stay there for good. So much for foreign talent. In contrast, have we ever thought what about those who're non-asians coming here to school or work? No, we do not discriminate them. Why? I don't know myself, cuz apparently I don't. Funny how we're disgusted by our own asians. I will not fail to pass a private school where all the non-asian kids attend, in my long bus ride home. These kids, they make loads of nice, just like any other. Let's just give them some credit on the nice accent they have. Once I saw a couple of non-asian kids lying down on the pavement! yeah the exact same pavement we would walk along. Would you ever give them a glare? I don't think so. Conversely, if you see a bunch of our local students hanging and loitering around in our void decks, i can assure you much glares and curses under our breaths can be heard. Funny, isn't it? |